Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Marketing Moves Mislead

So, I receive an email last Friday from Skinstore.com (where I buy all my face soaps and creams) informing me that Monday, January 14th, will be the last day to take advantage of their $20.08 discount on all orders. This morning I gleefully go shopping and hit the payment cart area where I am to enter discount code "NEWYOU" only to be informed that I have not reached the minimum purchase requirement. HUH?!?!??

I go back and read every single word of the email promotion... not one letter about a minimum purchase amount. I now take precious time out of my morning and call Customer Service. The associated reads her copy of the email with me over the phone and doesn't find a thing about a minimum amount either. OH.... THERE it is. I'm supposed to go to the Home Page http://www.skinstore.com/ of the web site and click a "Details" link in Times New Roman 7pt. font embedded inside the huge purple graphic to know that I have to order a minimum $100 pre-tax / pre-shipping to qualify for the $20.08 off my order. Now, I'm pissed.

Note to all marketers, salespeople, and senior management of companies big and small: This move is misleading... It's LYING... but, most of all, it will make your loyal customers angry. And, they'll think twice about doing business with you again.

1 comment:

Lorenz Moore said...

Metolar XR 50 Capsule has a place with a gathering of prescriptions called long-acting beta-blocker. Metolar XR 50 Capsule works by impeding the impacts of certain synthetics on your heart and blood vessels. It hinders your heart rate and causes it to pulsate with less power.