Thursday, July 26, 2007

So, what are you saying?

I just returned last evening from a "Birthday Week" in Aspen, Vail, Boulder, and Denver. Now, I'm back home in Dallas, seemingly the capital of the Plastic People, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble re-culturing myself.

Went to a meeting tonight in jeans, flip flops and very little makeup. My stilettos are not holding my interest and every woman's pink lip gloss is annoying me. Surely, I'll be recovered soon so that I can wear a new dress I bought before I left and perfume will become a priority again.

Which only got me thinking... do we recognize that cities have "brands," too? What are those brands saying about each city? From a marketing (and Convention & Visitors Bureau) perspective, do cities concentrate on shifting their brand image in the marketplace if it becomes worn-out and dated to attract a wide variety of businesses and population growth? (think TV show "Dallas" in the 80's... ugh.)

Hmmm...

No comments: