Friday, April 20, 2007

Funny Frase Friday

Yesterday, I'm having an email exchange with my attorney, Louis. (I'm finally going the distance and establishing Wendistry as an LLC.) He says that "the Texas filing fees are $300 and you'll be official in a few days. Also, if you want a minute book, the kit is about $60."

Minute book? Does he mean like "taking the minutes at meetings" book? Yes, it's a nice binder with your entity printed on the spine and in which you keep all the company organizational docs and annual minutes.

Think I can buy a binder at Office Depot for $6……. Hell, I’ve got an extra one right here on a shelf! Geesh…. The government. Always gouging for more.

So, in honor of my unofficial declaration that today is "Didn't-I-Just-Pay-You-People-Enough-Taxes-You-Don't-Get-Anymore" day, I am offering my top 5 list of USEFUL WORK PHRASES:

5. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
4. Ahhhh..... I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.....
3. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
2. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
AND
1. How about never? Is never good for you?

No comments: