Friday, March 9, 2007

Oh... did you need something?

As I get older, I seem to have a shorter and shorter fuse when it comes to customer service..... or lack of it. Maybe because I am always thinking like a business owner, and I cringe when thoughts of "what if YOU owned this place?" run through my head after tolerating a really bad experience.

I did some due diligence on a new client this past week with my father. We went to a particular establishment acting like real customers. The mechanic waited on us. Yes, you read that right.... the mechanic. Meanwhile, the cashier and the sales guy made sure that the front desk and the cash register didn't run away. They also made sure they didn't break their vows of silence.

Why is it that something that should be so obvious (help a customer so you can make a sale) is elusive to so many?

No comments: