Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If you build it, will they come?

I had a meeting yesterday with the principals of a firm that I hadn't heard a peep from in almost 5 years. They called me last week all excited getting together and catching me up on where they are now. Guess what...... they are still where they were in 2003. Yep, you guessed it. Looking for money.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know that Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but come on. Their particular problem is that their core business is a completely revolutionary technology. (yeah, I know everyone says that, but I know these guys. Their product will change the energy industry, the environment, the world.) They have no "widget" to point to. They're still trying to build the "widget".... hence, the need for moolah. $12.5 million moolahs to be exact.

So, my goal is to help them find some coins in the couch of the proverbial VC/Angel/Investor clan in Dallas ASAP. I'll keep you posted on the progress. However, the whole situation does lead me to wonder..... Is it a business if it isn't in business?

No comments: