Monday, May 21, 2007

The Stories We Tell

My mother came over this past weekend and helped me go through five boxes (actually they're foot-locker trunks) I've had since grade school. The trunks contain scrapbooks full of childhood macaroni art, junior high diaries, major term papers, and yearbooks.

Originally, before opening these "treasures," my goal was to edited this stuff down to just two trunks. However, looking through all of these materials, I began to appreciate the story that was weaved over the years... my foundation, my values, my vision for my own future.

Which made me wonder, how many companies keep their own old marketing, public relations, and advertising materials? They should. It serves both as a reminder of who the company was in the beginning and a grounding point to maintain brand consistency as it grows.

No comments: